Known for offshore corporations, beautiful beaches and swimming with the stingrays, Grand Cayman makes for an unforgettable couples getaway or wonderful family vacation. Grand Cayman is an easy three-hour flight from JFK to Georgetown complete with a planter’s punch on the plane to make your stress melt away. A groovy steel band greets your flight when you arrive while the gracious Customs team quickly escorts you through the line.
Over the last year, we have enjoyed our family travel, but it is time for a much-needed couple’s getaway to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary. Getting away as a couple allows you to reconnect without the everyday stress of the children, the house and work. The crystal clear turquoise water, pristine sandy beach, lush tropical vegetation and dramatic sunsets rejuvenate both the mind and the body. Best of all, spending time on the beach lounging and laughing, without an electronic device in sight, sparks romance.
Ritz Carlton at Seven Mile Beach, Grand Cayman
Airlines, Lodging and Logistics:
For Grand Cayman, you fly into the capital Georgetown known for high-end shopping. The best and least expensive direct flight service is on JetBlue or Cayman Airlines. The flight crew on Cayman Airlines makes travel enjoyable by greeting you with jokes, snacks, cocktails and then an added bonus, a delectable full meal (very rare these days). Once you arrive on the island, cabs are plentiful and will quickly whisk you to your hotel.
A variety of lodging options are available on the island from 5 star resorts, to family hotels to easy condo rentals.
- The Ritz Carlton provides breathtaking 5 star accommodations
- The Grand Cayman Marriott Beach Resort features plenty of family entertainment including a world-famous swashbuckling buccaneer dinner
- Dwellable lists a variety of house and condo rentals
An Unforgettable Couples Getaway in Grand Cayman at The Ritz Carlton
- Ritz Carlton has several fantastic restaurants to explore from Bar Jack on the beach to the bounteous breakfast buffet at Seven
- Tiki Beach: is ideal for pre-dinner drinks and appetizers. We enjoyed the most spectacular sunset while sipping planter’s punch on the beach
- Chicken! Chicken!: Caribbean wood roasted jerk chicken is local’s favorite for a quick inexpensive lunch
- The only Four Star restaurant in the Caribbean, Blue by Eric Ripert is an experience not to be missed:
A delicious tuna
The desert is a vision:photos courtesy of Nicole Zaobtin
The Ritz Carlton Resort features many amenities:
- The Silver Rain Spa is a wonderful way to unwind while Le Prarie products nurture your skin and the work-out center can’t be beat
- The Nick Bollettieri tennis courts and the Greg Norman Blue Tip golf Course await those who need a daily sports dose
- Seven Mile Beach offers free paddle boards, water trikes, and hobie cat sailing
Other special activities are:
Stingray City: you can pet a dozen stingrays while wading in the Caribbean ~what a wonderful experience for your children!
Diving: while we do not dive, friends rave that Grand Cayman has some of the best dive spots in the world
Cayman Cookout: Cayman is the culinary capital of the Caribbean and features many weeklong celebrations
Seven Mile Beach at the Ritz Carlton, Grand Cayman
While we traveled to Grand Cayman in slightly off-season in November, the island makes for a splendid holiday any time of the year. However, we recommend November since the prices are slightly lower, the temperature is a comfortable 70-80 degrees every day, the ocean feels warm and the breeze refreshing.
What was your favorite part about your visit to the Cayman islands? We will never forget the unforgettable couples getaway in Grand Cayman.
- Great Travel Apps To Plan Family Vacation
- Family Trip to the Super Bowl
- An Extraordinary Family Ski Trip to Beaver Creek
- Sunny Sanibel with Extraordinary Women
- Family Baseball Trip to The Tampa Bay Rays